Based in Helsinki, Finland
Trine is a beautiful fantasy action platformer with a fairytale-like atmosphere, following the journey of three heroes - a Wizard, a Knight and a Thief - in a quest to save the kingdom from evil. The gameplay is based on fully interactive physics - each character's different abilities and tactics can be used to invent new ways to battle an army of undead and overcome obstacles, and restore the balance of the world.
First released on PC and PlayStation Network in 2009 and later on Mac in 2010.
- Fully interactive game world with realistic physics.
- Three different characters to control at any given time.
- Co-op gameplay for up to three players locally
- Beautiful graphics featuring superb next-gen visuals and impressive technical effects such as bloom, reflections and realistic shadows.
- Amazing 19-track soundtrack composed by acclaimed Ari Pulkkinen
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Winner, Best Downloadable Game" E3 Editors' Choice Awards, 2009
- "Best Downloadable Co-Op Title" Co-Optimus' Co-Op Game of the Year Awards, 2009
- "Trine is a lot of fun and definitely worth playing."
- Daemon Hatfield, IGN
- "The visuals and music are absolutely exquisite, the best I have seen anywhere in years."
- Brad Shoemaker, Giant Bomb
- "An aesthetically pleasing and well executed puzzle platformer."
- Darren Allan, IT Reviews
- "Beauty may be in the eye of the beholder, but it's hard to imagine any beholder finding Trine to be anything but beautiful."
- Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot
Trine related blog posts
Trine on Wikipedia
Frozenbyte is an independent game developer with a focus on game quality. All Frozenbyte games are self-funded and based on self-owned IP, and the company maintains a creative, feel-good development culture. Frozenbyte's original IP titles include the critically acclaimed Shadowgrounds and Trine series.
Frozenbyte has developed games for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii U, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Windows, Mac, Linux, Android and iOS.
Current project: Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince
More information on Frozenbyte, our logo & relevant media are available here.