Based in Helsinki, Finland
November 2005 (Retail) / May 2006 (Steam)
PC / Mac / Linux
Shadowgrounds is a sci-fi action game that blends addictive old school gameplay and modern technology into one big, nasty alien-battling carnage festival. The game is played from a top-down perspective that gives you a better view of the battlefield and allows for different and unique combat tactics. Innovative weapon upgrades, addictive gameplay and audiovisual fireworks set the scene for a near-future tale of epic heights. In May 2006, Shadowgrounds became the first Finnish game published on Steam.
- Upgrade weaponry with powerful modifications.
- Face enormous monsters in boss battles, and fight side-by-side with NPC allies against the massive alien hordes.
- Destructible environment allows you to wreak havoc with your arsenal.
- Check security cameras and computer logs to investigate alien origins.
- Enjoy horrifying sound effects and a thrilling music soundtrack made exclusively for Shadowgrounds.
Logo & Icon
- "Shadowgrounds takes a page from Smash TV, offering an overhead view of explosive chaos. Shadowgrounds is an ambitious work and admirable accomplishment for a small developer."
- Tom McNamara, IGN
Shadowgrounds Pack on Steam
All Shadowgrounds games in this pack store.steampowered.com.
Shadowgrounds on Wikpedia
Read the Wikipedia article on Shadowgrounds en.wikipedia.org.
Frozenbyte is an independent game developer with a focus on game quality. All Frozenbyte games are self-funded and based on self-owned IP, and the company maintains a creative, feel-good development culture. Frozenbyte's original IP titles include the critically acclaimed Shadowgrounds and Trine series.
Frozenbyte has developed games for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii U, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Windows, Mac, Linux, Android and iOS.
Current project: Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince
More information on Frozenbyte, our logo & relevant media are available here.